born 26 July 1964
Anne provost is born on born 26 July 1964 and is a Flemish author who now lives in Antwerp with her man and her three children. She grew up in a family of four children in West Flanders and went on to pursue Germanic studies at the linked universities of Kortrijk and Leuven. she had been writing stories since childhood. She having married Manu Claeys went to join him in Minneapolis, where he was studying American literature. She returned to Belgium in 1989. Anne Provoost is known for remaking myths, folk tales, fairy tales, and bible stories. She was made a member of The Royal Academy of Dutch Language and Literature in 2003.
• Second Letter to Hans Christian Andersen .
• Bad endings for children. Hopelessness and consolation; growing up, willing or not.
• So here's the bad news. The child as an antagonist .
• Identification in Falling. If goblins don't exist .
• Falling, the movie
• 1991 - Belgium, Boekenleeuw for My Aunt is a Pilot Whale
• 1991 - Belgium, Prijs Letterkunde van de Vlaamse Provincies - Jeugd- en kinderboek, for My Aunt is a Pilot Whale
• 1995 - The Netherlands, Woutertje Pieterse Prijs for Falling
• 1995 - Belgium, Boekenleeuw for Falling
• 1995 - International, Honour list IBBY for Falling
• 1995 - Belgium, Gouden Uil voor kinder- en jeugdliteratuur for Falling
• 1995 - The Netherlands, Zilveren Griffel for Falling
• 1995 - International, Special mention White Ravens for Falling
• 1996 - Belgium, Prijs Letterkunde van de Vlaamse Provincies - Jeugd- en Kinderboek for Falling
• 1997 - France, Shortlist Prix du Lecteur of Mans and Sarthe for Falling
• 1998 - International, Honour list IBBY for The Rose and the Swine
• 1998 - Belgium, Shortlist for Gouden Uil for The Rose and the Swine
• 1998 - Belgium, Boekenleeuw for The Rose and the Swine
• 1998 - The Netherlands, Gouden Zoen for The Rose and the Swine
• 2000 - Germany, Luchs-Award from Die Zeit for The Rose and the Swine
• 2000 - Germany, Prijs van Nordrhein-Westfalen for My Aunt is a Pilot Whale, Falling and The Rose and the Swine
• 2000 - Belgium, Lavki-award for Falling, a 5-yearly award of the city of Hasselt
• 2001 - Austria, Sonderpreis from the Jury der Jungen Leser for The Rose and the Swine'
• 2002 - The Netherlands, Gouden Zoen for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2002 - Belgium, Boekenwelp for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2002 - Belgium, Longlist Gouden Uil for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2004 - USA, Children's Book Sense Picks for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2005 - Belgium, Prijs Letterkunde van de Provincie West-Vlaanderen - Jeugd- en Kinderboek for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2005 - International, Longlist International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award for In the Shadow of the Ark
• 2007 - The Netherlands, Longlist LIBRIS-award for Looking into the Sun
• 2007 - The Netherlands, Shortlist Halewijn-award in Roermond for Looking into the Sun
• 2008 - The Netherlands, Woman&Culture Award for Looking into the Sun.
• 2009 - Belgium, the 3-yearly Culture Award of Flanders for Looking into the Sun
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.